New York City, September 21st – 23rd 2019
This week, Student Energy is participating at the Youth and UN Climate Summit as a delivery partner of the Secretary-General’s Youth and Public Mobilization and Energy Transition Action Tracks. Student Energy is working with the UN Climate Action Summit team, Secretary-General’s Office of the Special Envoy on Youth, and other stakeholders to engage youth in the UN Climate Summit, Youth Summit and broader climate-energy activities during the week of September 21st. Follow along with us @studentenergy on Twitter and Instagram!
- (September 21st) Student Energy is working with the UN Climate Action Summit Team, the Environmental Defense Fund, Mission 2020 and Mission Innovation to deliver the two-part event: Transformative Solutions: Next Generation Technology and the Youth Movement under the Energy Transition Action Track held at the United Nations Headquarters from 11:30 – 12:45, and 15:00-18:00.
- Two youth from Student Energy’s network are on the Summit’s youth working group, comprised of 30 young leaders from around the world who are providing direct input to the preparation of the Youth Summit agenda.
- (September 22nd) Student Energy is participating as one of 200 high-level energy stakeholders at the Energy Action Forum to: raise ambition, represent youth as a key stakeholder, and determine the optimal approaches to accelerating the sustainable energy transition.
- (September 23rd) OGCI Annual CEO and Stakeholders Dialogue: OGCI is convening a CEO stakeholder day to talk about how the oil and gas industry and scaling up action on climate. Student Energy is organizing and coaching a cohort of 25 youth to engage with the world’s largest energy companies as key stakeholders on the energy future, with the goal of having their voice influence the decisions made by large energy actors.
- (September 23rd) Student Energy will be participating at the UN Climate Action Summit to support initiatives under the Energy Transition, and Youth and Public Mobilization action areas. Student Energy’s priority at the UN Climate Action Summit is to highlight the pathways and initiatives underway that enable youth to influence political will across the globe.
- (September 24th) Student Energy will bring a youth delegation to participate in Sustainable Energy For All’s Seven for 7 event.
- Youth Roundtable with Sky Power Global: Student Energy is preparing a cohort of 15 young people to participate in a roundtable discussion with SkyPower Global, to discuss how youth play a role in the energy transition and what youth want from meaningful careers in energy.
- Digital engagement: Student Energy will be elevating discussions at the UN Climate Summit to our larger global audience, through social media channels, write-ups in collaboration with partners, informational webinars, and interviews with leaders working on the UN Climate Action Summit.
- Side Events at Climate Week NYC 2019: Student Energy will be on the ground attending side events led by government, the private sector and civil society – reach out to learn more or to share your event.